Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Vatican City




I yearn to go to Vatican City and to see the Sistine Chapel in real life. I will never tire of looking at the pictures of Michelangelo's masterpiece. Not to mention St Peter's Basilica. I will let the pictures speak for themselves because I cannot do the actual art of it any justice because words, no matter how unlimited they are, there's not a string of words I can come up with to do this justice.

The St Pete's Basilica is one of the largest churches in the world and it's located in the Vatican City. It is designed by Michelangelo, Donato Bramante, Carlo Maderno and Gian Lorenzo Bernini. Saint Peter's tomb is directly under the Basilica.

Also if you are as interested as Renaissance art as I am, there are a few documentaries I highly recommend. Also if anyone knows more, feel free to let me know. I left out Leonardo Da Vinci's documentary, there are several good ones out there but I have yet to watch it completely. I also recommend checking out artworks of Peter Paul Reubens because his Massacre Of The Innocents gives me goosebumps every time.

What Makes Art Valuable - BBC Documentary
The World's Most Expensive Stolen Paintings
Michelangelo


No comments:

Post a Comment