The H&M collection for Alexander Wang has been released and sold out, I might add, has lead to me talking a lot of shit about that collection. I hate the collaboration, I hate everything about it and the past few days I have been trying to find out why I even like Alexander Wang's pieces.
Firstly, if you only know Alexander Wang's H&M collection, you should go see his other pieces. His actual pieces. They are marvellous. Material is well done and will last you for ages, and all in all his usual pieces are elegant, yet sporty at the same time, which is hard for any designer to do. Now, for Alexander Wang's collaboration with H&M, I can't even begin to start with how overly popular it became. I also like Alexander Wang's marketing scheme because with all that hype, he definitely knew people would kill for his pieces, hence, he decided to put Wang all over. Good for you Mr.Wang, now every fucking one looks like a walking billboard and you get to promote your brand. Let's leave my hatred of the Alexander WangxH&M collection here.
With all the hatred towards the collection, I forgot why I loved the man in the first place and then, I remembered. His heat sensitive collection made me swoon the minute I laid my eyes on it and I still feel the love even today. The collection went beyond fashion week, it reminded people what fashion was really about, which is art. Revolutionary art right there. I think people have become more involved in trends and don't look at clothing pieces individually, nor do they see clothing for what it is; art. Every outfit you own can be made into a work of art and I think that is what Alexander Wang, actually, any designer wants and that's also what they make profit out of.
This heat sensitive collection will be my favorite forever and maybe one day I will manage to get my hands on it, but for now, let's just admire it for what it is, art.


No comments:
Post a Comment